Minimum of 4+ years
Power Train Lead to lead the design of the powertrain including motor, drives and battery and component selection. The job entails leading the electrical system architecture design, wiring harness design, assembly and implementation on the vehicle and implementation of the testing and validation protocol. The lead needs to ensure powertrain optimization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and develop electric power train for an electric 2 wheeler.
- Create and analyze the Powertrain architecture, Component sizing and electrical models
- Product level system design including Electrical motor, Transmission, Motor control unit, mechanical hardware and software.
- Collaborate and work with mechanical, electrical, hardware, software, manufacturing and test teams.
- Vehicle level power train integration and tuning to optimise the vehicle performance in different modes.
- System level ECU integration, between the battery pack, motor controller and cluster.
- Design and implement CAN network management between various ECU.
- Lead testing team and vehicle integration team to meet vehicle requirements
- Define test cases and resolve field issues after product launch.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in EV Powertrain development, Motor Design and controller algorithms.
- Knowledge on BLDC/PMSM/IPM motor design, motor control strategies, safety standards and quality standards.
- Knowledge in electrical/electronic components used in Motor, Motor Controller, HW design and development.
- Experience in the selection and use of microcontrollers and programmable logic devices and their peripheral circuitry (signal conditioning, board-level power supplies).
- Familiarity with DFMEA and DVP testing, preparing test cases, identifying and resolving issues related to power train.
- Knowledge in powertrain optimization techniques in an electric vehicle.
- Should possess knowledge in CAN network management implementation.